Grants, Contracts, and Cooperative Agreements
The Foundation's Division of Grants and Agreements (DGA) and Division of Contracts, Policy and Oversight (CPO) have primary responsibility for managing the planning, solicitation, negotiation issuance and administration of NSF assistance awards and other agency support agreements. The Office of the General Counsel supports DGA and CPO as legal issues arise in connection with these agreements, NSF policies and procedures and applicable federal law, policies and procedures.
Grants, Contracts and Cooperative Agreement Resources Available On This Site:
- Federal Grant and Cooperative Agreement Act. 31 U.S.C. § 6301, et seq.
- Acquisitions and Contracts - For a list of resources, please visit Acquisition.gov.
- OMB Circulars - The Office of Management and Budget of the White House (OMB) establishes policy through its provision of Circulars and Bulletins that federal agencies, including NSF, must observe insofar as the subject matter pertains to the affairs of the agency. NSF regularly observes the provisions of the following Circulars:
- OMB Circular A-21, Cost Principles for Educational Institutions.
- OMB Circular A-87, Cost Principles for State, Local and Indian Tribal Governments.
- OMB Circular A-89, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA).
- OMB Circular A-102, Grants and Cooperative Agreements with State and Local Governments.
- OMB Circular A-110, Uniform Requirements for Grants and Other Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals and Other Non-Profit Organizations.
- OMB Circular A-122, Cost Principles for Non-profit Organizations.
- OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Search for other OMB Circulars.
- NSF Grant Policy Guide.
- NSF General Grant Conditions.
- NSF Cooperative Agreement Conditions.
Disclaimer: The materials on this web site do not constitute legal advice. You should consult with an OGC attorney before acting on or convey to someone outside NSF any interpretation of these materials.