Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
This page provides resources on NSF's implementation of Section 7009 of the America Creating Opportunities to Meaningfully Promote Excellence in Technology, Education, and Science (COMPETES) Act. The responsible and ethical conduct of research (RCR) is critical for excellence, as well as public trust, in science and engineering. Consequently, education in RCR is considered essential in the preparation of future scientists and engineers.
"The Director shall require that each institution that applies for financial assistance from the Foundation for science and engineering research or education describe in its grant proposal a plan to provide appropriate training and oversight in the responsible and ethical conduct of research to undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers participating in the proposed research project."
- Federal Register Notices
- NSF's Implementation of Section 7009 of America COMPETES Act
- NSF's Proposed Implementation of Section 7009 of America COMPETES Act
- RCR Implementation in the Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG)
- NSF Important Notice No. 140 - Training in Responsible Conduct of Research - A Reminder of the NSF Requirement
- Office of Inspector General Semiannual Report to Congress
- International Research Integrity
- NSF-funded Resources
- Other Resources