OIA's Evaluation and Assessment Capability (EAC) Section
EAC provides centralized support and resources for data collection, analytics, and the design of evaluation studies and surveys. These activities enable NSF to more consistently evaluate the impacts of its investments, to make more data-driven decisions, and to establish a culture of evidence-based planning and policy-making.
EAC develops a coordinated, agency-wide capacity to:
- 1) harness high-quality data to improve agency results;
- 2) introduce and use timely, low-cost evaluations; and
- 3) strengthen agency-wide use of evidence for program and policy decision making and action.
The mission of the EAC is to provide NSF with the capacity to operate from a basis of evidence in policy decisions.
NSF as a leader in evaluation and assessment of research and education investment in science and engineering.
- Create innovative approaches to assessing and improving program investment performance.
- Create and implement novel tools and measures.
- Catalyze access to and the analysis and application of qualitative and qualitative data.
- Consult and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and meet assessment and evaluation needs.
- Connect an array of resources needed to support the NSF evidence-based culture.