The NSF Innovation Corps (I-Corps) Nodes are designed to support regional needs for innovation education, infrastructure and research. The Nodes will work cooperatively to build, utilize and sustain a national innovation ecosystem that further enhances the development of technologies, products and processes that benefit society.
The interconnected nodes of this network may be diverse in research areas, resources, tools, programs, capabilities and in geographic locations, while the network will have the flexibility to grow or reconfigure as needs arise.
I-Corps Nodes foster understanding on how to:
- Identify, develop and support promising ideas that can generate value;c
- Create and implement tools and resources that enhance our nation's innovation capacity;
- Gather, analyze, evaluate and utilize the data and insight resulting from the experiences of the I-Corps Teams, and;
- Share and leverage effective innovation practices on a national scale to improve the quality of life for the American public.
Currently, there are nine I-Corps Nodes nationwide:
- Bay Area (UC Berkeley, UCSF, Stanford)
- Midwest Node (UMich, UI Urbana-Champaign, Purdue)
- NYC Regional Innovation Node (CUNY, NYU, Columbia)
- DC Regional Node (UMD, George Washington, Johns Hopkins, Virginia Tech)
- IN-LA Node (USC, UCLA, Caltech)
- Southwest Alliance for Entrepreneurial Innovation (UT Austin, Rice, Texas A&M, Texas Tech)
- South Node (GA Tech, UA Tuscaloosa, UA Birmingham, UT Knoxville)
- Upstate NY Alliance for Entrepreneurial Innovation (Cornell, RIT, UR)
- New England Regional Innovation Node (MIT)
I-Corps Nodes Solicitation
NSF is not currently accepting proposals for new I-Corps Nodes. A new funding opportunity will be available in early 2019.
NSF will outline how current NSF I-Corps Nodes may be eligible for renewal in the next solicitation. To retain eligibility for renewal, Nodes that have remaining funds are encouraged to submit no-cost extensions. (Awards that have been spent out are not eligible for no-cost extensions).
I-Corps Nodes Contact
Cindy WalkerPeach (firstname.lastname@example.org)