Advisory Committee for Polar Programs
Beginning on July 1, 2023, the OPP Advisory Committee will be dissolved, and members will become members of the Geosciences Advisory Committee. Read more about the change and what to expect at https://nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=306877&org=OPP.
The Advisory Committee for Polar Programs provides advice and recommendations to the National Science Foundation concerning support for polar research, education, infrastructure and logistics, and related activities.
The Advisory Committee operated from 1998 - 2013, and then functioned as a subcommittee of the Advisory Committee for Geosciences from 2013 - 2017. The Advisory Committee for Polar Programs has been re-established as of 2017.
Inquiries or recommendations regarding the Advisory Committee for Polar Programs may be directed to Beverly Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org), Science Analyst, Office of Polar Programs.
An ad hoc meeting of the Advisory Committee for the Office of Polar Programs will be held on March 20, 2023, from 2:00pm to 3:00pm EST. The meeting will review the ARV Science Advisory Subcommittee (SASC) report. Register in advance at https://nsf.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_jfoeHBDxRMS00aXJrmbiHQ.
Previous meeting information:
- September 2022 meeting agenda
- September 2022 meeting minutes
- July 2022 meeting minutes - ad hoc committee
- March 2022 meeting agenda
- March 2022 meeting minutes
- September 2021 meeting agenda
- September 2021 meeting minutes
- April 2021 meeting agenda
- April 2021 meeting minutes
- September 2020 meeting agenda
- September 2020 meeting minutes
- October 2019 meeting agenda
- October 2019 meeting minutes
- May 2019 meeting agenda
- May 2019 meeting minutes
- November 2018 meeting agenda
- November 2018 meeting minutes
- April 2018 meeting agenda
- April 2018 meeting minutes
- October 2017 meeting agenda
- October 2017 meeting minutes
- Committee charter
- Advisory committee members
- An Overview of Advisory Studies for the Office of Polar Programs, Advisory Committee To The Office Of Polar Programs, Covering 2012 - 2019, October 2019
- Subcommittee reports
- Report from the Office of Polar Programs Subcommittee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Arctic Portfolio Review Subcommittee Report
- Report of the Ad Hoc Subcommittee on the U.S. Antarctic Program's Research Vessel Procurement
- ARV Science Advisory Sub-Committee of the OPP Advisory Committee, Report on DR #1, May 23 2022
- ARV Science Advisory Sub-Committee of the OPP Advisory Committee, Report on DR #2, September 2022
- ARV Science Advisory Sub-Committee of the OPP Advisory Committee, Report on DR #3, November 2022
- Polar Programs Antarctic Science Section
- Polar Programs Arctic Sciences Section
View all NSF advisory committees