CISE is a leader in a number of national initiatives.
December 2, 2016
CISE is a leader in a number of national initiatives:
- Advanced Wireless Research Initiative (July 2016)
- Computer Science for All (January 2016)
- Smart Cities (September 2015)
- National Strategic Computing Initiative (NSCI) (July 2015)
- Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (BRAIN) Initiative (April 2013)
- US Ignite Initiative (June 2012)
- National Big Data Research and Development Initiative (March 2012)
- National Robotics Initiative (June 2011)
Sign up to receive CISE community announcements: Send an email to: email@example.com.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent federal agency that supports fundamental research and education across all fields of science and engineering. In fiscal year (FY) 2020, its budget is $8.3 billion. NSF funds reach all 50 states through grants to nearly 2,000 colleges, universities and other institutions. Each year, NSF receives more than 50,000 competitive proposals for funding and makes about 12,000 new funding awards.
Useful NSF Web Sites:
NSF Home Page: https://www.nsf.gov
NSF News: https://www.nsf.gov/news/
For the News Media: https://www.nsf.gov/news/newsroom.jsp
Science and Engineering Statistics: https://www.nsf.gov/statistics/
Awards Searches: https://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/