CISE is a leader in a number of national initiatives.
December 2, 2016
CISE is a leader in a number of national initiatives:
- Advanced Wireless Research Initiative (July 2016)
- Computer Science for All (January 2016)
- Smart Cities (September 2015)
- National Strategic Computing Initiative (NSCI) (July 2015)
- Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (BRAIN) Initiative (April 2013)
- US Ignite Initiative (June 2012)
- National Big Data Research and Development Initiative (March 2012)
- National Robotics Initiative (June 2011)
Sign up to receive CISE community announcements: Send an email to: email@example.com.
The U.S. National Science Foundation propels the nation forward by advancing fundamental research in all fields of science and engineering. NSF supports research and people by providing facilities, instruments and funding to support their ingenuity and sustain the U.S. as a global leader in research and innovation. With a fiscal year 2021 budget of $8.5 billion, NSF funds reach all 50 states through grants to nearly 2,000 colleges, universities and institutions. Each year, NSF receives more than 40,000 competitive proposals and makes about 11,000 new awards. Those awards include support for cooperative research with industry, Arctic and Antarctic research and operations, and U.S. participation in international scientific efforts.