Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE): Core Programs
|Tracy J. Kimbrelfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8910|
|Phillip A. Regaliaemail@example.com||(703) 292-8910|
|Mitra Basufirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8910|
|Almadena Y. Chtchelkanovaemail@example.com||(703) 292-8910|
|Erik Brunvandfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8950|
|Ann C. Von Lehmenemail@example.com||(703) 292-4756|
|Ephraim P. Glinertfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8930|
|Sylvia J. Spengleremail@example.com||(703) 292-8930|
|Jie Yangfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8930|
|Alan Sussmanemail@example.com||(703) 292-7563|
Important Information for Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 20-1), is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after June 1, 2020. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 20-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
Full Proposal Window
October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2021
SMALL Projects - Proposals Accepted Anytime beginning October 1st, 2020
The NSF CISE Directorate supports research and education projects that develop new knowledge in all aspects of computing, communications, and information science and engineering, as well as advanced cyberinfrastructure, through the following core programs:
Division of Computing and Communication Foundations (CCF):
- Algorithmic Foundations (AF) program;
- Communications and Information Foundations (CIF) program;
- Foundations of Emerging Technologies (FET) program; and
- Software and Hardware Foundations (SHF) program.
Division of Computer and Network Systems (CNS):
- CNS Core (CNS Core) program.
Division of Information and Intelligent Systems (IIS):
- Human-Centered Computing (HCC) program (formerly the Cyber-Human Systems [CHS] program);
- Information Integration and Informatics (III) program; and
- Robust Intelligence (RI) program.
Office of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure (OAC):
- OAC Core Research (OAC Core) program;
Proposers are invited to submit proposals in several project classes, which are defined as follows:
- Small Projects -- up to $500,000 total budget with durations up to three years: projects in this class may be submitted to CCF, CNS, and IIS;
- Medium Projects -- $500,001 to $1,200,000 total budget with durations up to four years: projects in this class may be submitted to CCF, CNS, and IIS only; and
- OAC Core Projects -- up to $500,000 total budget with durations up to three years: projects in this class may be submitted to OAC only.
A more complete description of these project classes can be found in Section II. Program Description of this document.