This program has been archived.
Division of Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation
Structural Materials and Mechanics (SMM)
|Grace Hsuanfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-7014|
PROGRAM GUIDELINESPD 10-1635
Important Information for Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 22-1), is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after October 4, 2021. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 22-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
The SMM program supports fundamental research on the behavior of civil infrastructure materials and the mechanics of structural components in the built environment. Of particular interest is research on structural components consisting of natural and synthetic materials, their response to mechanical, hydrothermal, and time-dependent loads, and their impact on life-cycle performance and sustainable development of the civil infrastructure.
- US-Israel Workshop on Sustainable Buildings - Materials and Energy (July 12-13, 2010)
- US-China Workshop on Energy and Environment in the Development of Sustainable Asphalt Pavements (June 7-9, 2010)
- US-Egypt Workshop on Sustainable Green Building in Desert Environment (March 22-24, 2010)
- International Sustainable Pavements Workshop (January 7-9, 2010)
- US-Japan Workshop on Life Cycle Assessment of Sustainable Infrastructure Materials (October 21-22, 2009)
- US-Tanzania Workshop: Advancing the Structural Use of Earth-based Bricks (July 21-22, 2009)
- Workshop on Multifunctional Materials and Distributed Renewable Energy for Sustainable Infrastructure (June 22, 2009)
- ESF-NSF Workshop on the applications of Adaptive Structures and Materials to Sustainable Energy and the Built Environment (October 15-18, 2008)
What Has Been Funded (Recent Awards Made Through This Program, with Abstracts)
Map of Recent Awards Made Through This Program