Notice of Intent to Sole Source 49100419Q1028: Pitchbook Database on Venture Capital and Equity Funding
The National Science Foundation (NSF) intends to negotiate a sole source purchase order with Pitchbook Data for the purchase Pitchbook database on venture capital, in the amount of $22,500.00.
The National Science Foundation (NSF)/National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES) conducts research and publishes high quality reports on the scope, quality, and vitality of the U.S. and international science and engineering enterprise. One area of importance is venture capital and private equity investment that is critical for commercializing nascent and emerging technologies that originate from scientific research.
NCSES requires comprehensive and accurate data and information on global venture capital and private equity financing, including by country, financing stage, and technology area. NCSES is particularly interested in global patterns of venture and private equity finance by country, technology, and financing stage; the patterns and trends of early stage venture capital financing; and developing indicators of venture capital and or private equity investor interest in technology areas.
Pitchbook has the following set of unique features that meet NCSES requirements. NCSES is not aware of any other global venture capital databases that have the following set of features found in Pitchbook.
- Global venture capital data by calendar year from the mid-1990s to 2018 or the most recent year.
- Global venture capital and private equity by amount invested in countries based on the location of the portfolio company taking the investment.
- Global venture capital financing and private equity by stage of financing.
- Global venture and private equity capital with a comprehensive classification by technology area.
- Data on venture and/or private equity-backed firms that have ties and/or a relationship to the U.S. academic sector, such as the university attended by founders and/or key personnel of firms and/or firms that originated as start-ups from universities.
- Data or indicators on investor interest in technology areas, such as the pre-money valuation of companies prior to an investment or financing.
- Data on angel investment financing by such variables as financing stage and technology area.
- Comprehensive technical assistance, including generation of customized tabulations and answering queries from NCSES on data, the software tool/platform, and the investor and investment climate.
POINT OF CONTACT