The mission of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) is to ensure NSF is in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern equal employment opportunity (EEO) and civil rights and to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that ensures equal opportunity through policy development, workforce analysis, outreach, and education to best serve NSF's employees and its stakeholders. Its vision is to perform as an office that is at the forefront of providing a high-performance workforce by leveraging diversity in our employees and stakeholders and achieve superior results.
In reaching these goals, training is an important function within ODI. Below is an overview of EEO and diversity/based training conducted by ODI:
New Employment Orientation
- ODI presents an overview of its functions at each session in which the objectives are to provide a summary of Federal anti-discrimination laws, describe employee rights under whistleblower laws and the process to pursue a whistleblower complaint, and provide information about the services provided by ODI.
Program Management Seminar Training
- ODI provides training to new Program Managers that gives an overview of the various laws, regulations, and guidelines governing Federal-sector EEO and Civil Rights.
- ODI provides overview EEO training to all NSF directorates and offices, upon request. Training objectives include providing an overview of the laws and regulations that govern Federal-sector EEO and civil rights, providing an overview of the services and programs offered by ODI, and providing a forum to address questions and/or concerns.
EEO and Diversity Training for Managers and Supervisors
- ODI sponsors EEO and diversity training to managers with a focus on understanding, the workplace definition of diversity, understanding EEO laws and regulations; leadership roles and responsibilities for diversity, EEO harassment prevention, and reasonable accommodation and religous accommodation; and action planning for NSF success.
- ODI sponsors on-line training for all employees on sexual harassment with the objective of reiterating NSF’s policy on Workplace Harassment, defining sexual harassment, advising on specific actions to take, reviewing responsibilities and liabilities of supervisors.
No Fear Act Training
- The No FEAR Act requires Federal agencies to provide biannual mandatory training for all of their employees regarding their rights and protections under the antidiscrimination and whistleblower protection laws. ODI offers an-online module on LearnNSF.
To schedule training for your office/division, contact ODI at 703-292-8020.