Job Opportunity: Facilities Manager, Antarctic Infrastructure and Logistics Section
June 10, 2022
The NSF Office of Polar Programs is hiring a Facilities Manager in the Section for Antarctic Infrastructure and Logistics (AIL). The section is responsible for planning, budgeting, and overseeing the science support, infrastructure, operations, and logistics support for the USAP. This includes:
- Evaluate, prioritize, and integrate facilities and utilities requirements into annual and long-range plans for continuous improvement of all Antarctic facilities in terms of fire and life safety, habitability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Oversee the development and implementation of facilities and utilities recapitalization plans and development of maintenance requirements.
- Review project controls for sufficiency, including risk management processes, change control procedures and document control programs.
- Serve as the National Science Foundation Representative in Antarctica.
- Interact with the other AIL and Antarctic Science Section program managers to ensure that operating requirements are reflected in infrastructure development, and to integrate facility and utility support requirements associated with science, logistics, construction, information technology, DoD, and government agencies.
Learn more and apply today on USAJobs.
The U.S. National Science Foundation propels the nation forward by advancing fundamental research in all fields of science and engineering. NSF supports research and people by providing facilities, instruments and funding to support their ingenuity and sustain the U.S. as a global leader in research and innovation. With a fiscal year 2023 budget of $9.5 billion, NSF funds reach all 50 states through grants to nearly 2,000 colleges, universities and institutions. Each year, NSF receives more than 40,000 competitive proposals and makes about 11,000 new awards. Those awards include support for cooperative research with industry, Arctic and Antarctic research and operations, and U.S. participation in international scientific efforts.
Connect with us online
NSF website: nsf.gov
NSF News: nsf.gov/news
For News Media: nsf.gov/news/newsroom
Awards database: nsf.gov/awardsearch/
Follow us on social
Facebook: facebook.com/US.NSF Instagram: instagram.com/nsfgov