This program has been archived.
Division of Ocean Sciences
Marine Geology and Geophysics
|Candace O. Majoremail@example.com||(703) 292-7597||725.03|
|Barbara Ransomfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-7792||725.25|
|Deborah K. Smithemail@example.com||(703) 292-7978||725.15|
|Maurice Tiveyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-7710||725.49|
|Andrea Portieremail@example.com||(703) 292-8474|
Important Information for Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 22-1), is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after October 4, 2021. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 22-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
The Marine Geology and Geophysics program supports research on all aspects of geology and geophysics of the ocean basins and margins, as well as the Great Lakes.
The Program includes:
- Structure, tectonic evolution and volcanic activity of the ocean basins, the continental margins, the mid-ocean ridges, and island arc systems
- Processes controlling exchange of heat and chemical species between seawater and ocean rocks
- Genesis, chemistry, and mineralogic evolution of marine sediments
- Processes controlling deposition, erosion and transport of marine sediments
- Past ocean circulation patterns and climates and
- Interactions of continental and marine geologic processes