Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
This page provides resources on NSF’s implementation of Section 7009 of the America Creating Opportunities to Meaningfully Promote Excellence in Technology, Education, and Science (COMPETES) Act. The responsible and ethical conduct of research (RCR) is critical for excellence, as well as public trust, in science and engineering. Consequently, education in RCR is considered essential in the preparation of future scientists and engineers.
"The Director shall require that each institution that applies for financial assistance from the Foundation for science and engineering research or education describe in its grant proposal a plan to provide appropriate training and oversight in the responsible and ethical conduct of research to undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers participating in the proposed research project."
- Federal Register Notices
- NSF's Implementation of Section 7009 of America COMPETES Act
- NSF's Proposed Implementation of Section 7009 of America COMPETES Act
- RCR Implementation in the Grant Proposal Guide (GPG)
- RCR Implementation in the Award & Administration Guide (AAG)
- RCR Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- International Research Integrity
- NSF-funded Resources
- Ethics CORE Digital Library
- Ethics in Science and Engineering National Clearinghouse
- Online Ethics Center Enhancements and America COMPETES
- Other Resources