NSB-00-84 April 24, 2000
MEMORANDUM TO MEMBERS OF THE NATIONAL SCIENCE BOARD
SUBJECT: FY 1999 Report on the NSF Merit Review System
The enclosed FY 1999 Report on the NSF Merit Review System is submitted in accordance with National Science Board policy endorsed in March, 1977, and amended in March, 1984, which requests that the Director provide to the Board an annual report on the Foundation's proposal review system.
Among other things, the report provides FY 1999 summary information concerning:
- proposals, awards, and funding rates;
- methods used to obtain proposal reviews;
- requests for reconsideration of declined proposals;
- use of preliminary proposals;
- Small Grants for Exploratory Research (SGER);
- Committee of Visitors (COV) program reviews; and
- Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA).
I trust you will find the report informative.
Attachment (FY 1999 Report on the NSF Merit Review System)
Back to NSB Publications