The following websites provide more information about the National Medal of Science.
- Public Law 86-209
Text of the original public law.
- National Science & Technology Medals Foundation
Website of the nonprofit organization established to support the National Medals.
- The President's Committee on the National Medal of Science
List of current committee members.
- Nomination Information for the National Medal of Science
Background informaiton, elibibility, award selection considerations, and nomination and letters of support requirements.
- National Medal of Science Laureates
Search or select a list of all recipients.
- Medal of Science
NSF Fact Sheet
- President Obama Honors Nation's Top Scientists and Innovators, Dec. 21, 2012
White House Press Release
- President Obama Awards Nation's Top Scientists and Innovators Highest Honor, Feb. 1, 2013
NSF Press Release and Video Clips
- President Obama presents the National Medals of Science, National Medals of Technology and Innovation, Nov. 24, 2014
NSF Press Release