I-Corps Teams are composed of three main members: the principal investigator, the entrepreneurial lead and the mentor. The principal investigator (PI) serves as the technical lead and project manager.
The entrepreneurial lead (EL), typically a postdoctoral researcher, graduate student, or other student, possesses relevant technical knowledge and a deep commitment to investigate the commercial landscape surrounding the innovation. The entrepreneurial lead should also be prepared to support the transition of the technology, should the I-Corps project demonstrate a level of readiness appropriate to leave the academic institution.
The mentor brings entrepreneurial experience and serves as the principal guide in determining the technology disposition.
All three members of the team participate fully in the I-Corps Curriculum.
Team members describe their I-Corps experiences in these videos.
I-CORPS TEAMS SOLICITATION
A full description of the NSF Innovation Corps (I-Corps) Teams, I-Corps Teams proposal instructions and other essential information are available in the I-Corps Teams solicitation.
Read the I-Corps Teams factsheet (PDF, 638 KB).
In addition, the Resources section provides more information about the NSF and I-Corps.
I-CORPS INTRODUCTORY WEBINARS
An introductory webinar will be held on the first Tuesday of every month at 2 p.m., Eastern Time, to answer questions about I-Corps. The webinars will provide updated information about I-Corps contacts, the curriculum, important dates and other aspects of I-Corps.
- Access the audio portion of the webinar by phone
800-593-8905 (for callers inside the U.S.)
210-835-9582 (for callers outside the U.S.)
Participant passcode: 9249766
You may download the slides in advance--download the slides (PDF, 1.6 MB).
- Access the visual portion of the webinar (meeting number 740 195 594) online:
For assistance joining the meeting, go to https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/mc and click "Support" on the left navigation bar.
Note for First-Time Users: To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/systemdiagnosis.php
Please be sure to review the solicitation and factsheet (PDF, 583 KB) before the start of the webinar.
Any I-Corps inquiry may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Investigators are strongly encouraged to discuss the commercial readiness of their effort with a topic-specific program officer prior to contacting a cognizant program officer. This will facilitate determining whether the proposed work is appropriate for I-Corps funding.
The topic-specific program officers for I-Corps are:
- BIO - Steve Ellis, telephone: 703-292-7876, email: email@example.com
- CISE - Anita La Salle, telephone: 703-292-5006, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EHR - Don Millard, telephone: 703-292-4620, email: email@example.com
- ENG - Rathindra (Babu) DasGupta, telephone: 703-292-8353, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GEO - Kandace Binkley, telephone: 703-292-7577, email: email@example.com
- MPS - John Schlueter, telephone: 703-292-7766, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SBE - Mo Wang, telephone: 703-292-7820, email: email@example.com
The cognizant program officers for I-Corps are: