About Chemistry (CHE)
We envision NSF CHE as:
- A global leader in transforming chemical discovery and innovation, while advancing chemistry education, literacy and America's competitive edge.
- Encouraging chemists to lead multi-disciplinary efforts that expand humanity's knowledge and address short- and long-term societal problems.
- A major voice in the communication of the value of chemistry to the public.
- Comprised of outstanding staff dedicated to the vitality of the field of chemistry.
The mission of the NSF Division of Chemistry (CHE) is to support innovative research in chemical sciences, integrated with education, through strategic investment in developing a globally engaged U.S. chemistry workforce reflecting the diversity of America.
Reflecting our values we believe in:
- The importance of fundamental scientific research for the benefit of society.
- Empowering future generations in science and engineering.
- Maintaining the highest standards of integrity and ethical behavior.
- Fairness, openness and clear communication.
- Diversity of the scientific workforce and broadening participation in all CHE activities at all levels
Funding Opportunities by Category
For Undergraduate Students
For Graduate Students
For Postdoctoral Fellows
- Science Across Virtual Institutes (SAVI): Supports collaboration among teams of NSF-supported U.S. researchers and their international partners wish to form virtual institutes (also has Workforce Development relevance).