Advisory Committee for ERE (AC-ERE)
In 2000, NSF established the Advisory Committee for Environmental Research and Education (AC-ERE). NSF's Director, Dr. Rita Colwell, charged the Committee at its first meeting in October 2000. AC-ERE is to:
· Provide advice recommendations and oversight concerning support for the NSF's environmental research and education portfolio.
· Be a base of contact with the scientific community to inform NSF of the impact of its research support and NSF-wide policies on the scientific community.
· Serve as a forum for consideration of interdisciplinary environmental topics as well as environmental activities in a wide range of disciplines.
· Provide broad input into long-range plans and partnership opportunities.
· Perform oversight of program management, overall program balance, and other aspects of program performance for environmental research and education activities.
AC-ERE REPORTS RELEASED
To obtain copies of AC-ERE reports, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMING SOON! A new report: America's Future: Environmental Research and Education for a Thriving Century
and Tipping Points in Complex Environmental Systems" (September 2009)
Environmental Systems: Pathways to the Future" (March 2005)
Full and Summary reports of "Complex
Environmental Systems: Synthesis for Earth, Life, and Society in the 21st Century"
Occasional Papers and Related Reports
"Environmental Cyberinfrastructure: Tools for the Study of Complex Environmental Systems" (May 2003)