CS Bits & Bytes
Thank you for your interest in CS Bits & Bytes.
About CS Bits & Bytes
CS Bits & Bytes is developed by the National Science Foundation to make computer science more accessible to educators and learners.
Each issue of CS Bits & Bytes highlights innovative computer science research, often at the intersection with other disciplines, and includes profiles of the individuals who do this exciting work, links for further exploration, and interactive activities.
Why CS Bits & Bytes
CS Bits & Bytes was originally rolled out in December 2011 in support of Computer Science Education Week (www.csedweek.org).
It is our hope that educators and parents will use CS Bits & Bytes to inspire students to engage in the multi-faceted world of computer science to become not just users, but also creators, of technology.
Subscribe to CS Bits & Bytes
To join our listserv and receive CS Bits & Bytes by email, please send a blank email to:
You should receive an email to confirm your subscription within an hour. If you do not receive the confirmation email or have any other questions, please contact the CS Bits & Bytes team at: email@example.com.
Interested in a Classroom Poster?
If you would like a CS Bits & Bytes poster for your classroom but missed the original printing, you can download a copy of the poster here.
The Newsletter - Volume 2
- Volume 2, Issue 1 (September 10, 2012): Biomimetic Robots HTML PDF
- Volume 2, Issue 2 (September 24, 2012): Machine Learning Saves Babies! HTML PDF
- Volume 2, Issue 3 (October 9, 2012): Enabling Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace HTML PDF
- Volume 2, Issue 4 (October 22, 2012): Accessible Voting Enabled by Human-Centered Computing HTML PDF
- Volume 2, Issue 5 (November 5, 2012): Crowdsourcing HTML PDF
- Volume 2, Issue 6 (November 19, 2012): Sensors in Action HTML PDF
- Volume 2, Issue 7 (December 3, 2012): Cryptography HTML PDF
- Volume 2, Special Edition (December 10, 2012): Computer Science Education Week HTML
- Volume 2, Issue 8 (December 17, 2012): Building Rome in a Day HTML
- Volume 2, Issue 9 (January 14, 2013): The Biobot Cockroach HTML
- Volume 2, Issue 10 (January 28, 2013): Algorithmic Music Composition HTML
- Volume 2, Issue 11 (February 11, 2013): Motion Planning HTML
- Volume 2, Issue 12 (February 25, 2013): Diversity in Computing HTML
- Volume 2, Issue 13 (March 11, 2013): Privacy in the Information Age HTML
- Volume 2, Issue 14 (April 1, 2013): Computing Power! HTML
- Volume 2, Issue 15 (April 15, 2013): Computers Help Save Whales HTML
- Volume 2, Issue 16 (April 29, 2013): Computer Science Enables the Design of Safer Chemicals HTML
- Volume 2, Issue 17 (June 4, 2013): Multi-core processors HTML
View Past Issues