Branch Chief : Kenneth Bode
Financial Systems Branch
To create a forward thinking, responsive, and adaptive organization to facilitate the efficiency, accountability, and reliability of the Foundation's financial systems.
The Financial Systems Branch (FSB) is responsible for managing NSF's financial systems. FSB ensures the integrity of the data and the efficiency and security of the financial systems while supporting regulatory and reporting compliance for NSF stakeholders. FSB also builds a collaborative environment with its business partners to encourage an exchange of ideas and to develop tools to enhance the overall performance of all applicable core financial and feeder systems.
FSB is responsible for financial systems operations, maintenance, training, customer service, user support, and ensuring the financial systems function in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and requirements. In addition, the FSB is also responsible for providing services in the following areas:
- Establishes and maintains the financial code structure of the NSF including changes related to reorganizations within the agency
- Produces adhoc queries/reports for DFM staff and for other NSF staff as deemed appropriate
- Monitors the Financial Accounting System (FAS) and other financial feeder systems data that interface directly to the FAS for accuracy, efficiency, security and reporting compliance
- Maintains the Financial Accounting System Users Manual
- Maintains liaison with the OMB, Treasury, GAO and other agencies on matters involving financial systems
- Maintains liaison with the Division of Information Systems within NSF for Financial Systems modifications, development and testing
- Maintains systematic Funds Control through the Budget Execution Plan within FAS
- Facilitates the generation, mailing, and reporting of IRS forms 1099-MISC to recipients receiving eligible payments from NSF
- Coordinates the annual FAS Job Class Recertification Process
- Maintains liaison with the Administrative Managers on matters involving access to the Financial Accounting System and selected systems