Union Station is the central Amtrak station in the Washington D.C. area. It is a visitor attraction in its own right, and is located directly across from the Capitol building parks and grounds near the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress.
Union Station is served by Metro (the Red Line). NSF visitors coming from Union Station should take the Red Line to Metro Center, transfer to the Orange Line, and get off at Ballston-Marymount University.
- Exiting Union Station follow Louisiana Ave, NW proceeding south to Constitution Ave.
- Turn right on Constitution Ave to signs to Route 66 West, crossing the Teddy Roosevelt Bridge and staying in the left lane.
- Exit I-66 West at Glebe Road (Approximately 2 miles).
- Turn left at the end of off-ramp onto Glebe Road.
- Proceed 1/2 mile (4 stop lights) to Wilson Blvd.
- Turn left on Wilson Blvd.
- Turn left on N. Stuart Drive.